We always invite our guest designers to share a little about themselves with a fun word-association questionnaire and it's always a kick to see what unknown little tidbits we just might share in common! Check out Dawn's responses:
- Name – Dawn McVey
- Stamping – Every chance I get!
- Style – Clean, simple
- Inspiration – I’m extremely inspired by color! Maybe that's why I love Target so much!
- Color – Fuchsia….it just makes me happy!
- Work space – My studio…..actually, it’s an extra bedroom in our house that we’ve turned into my work space. But really, doesn’t “studio” just sound so much more fun to play in than “stamp room”??? Heehee!!
- Perfect day – Ahhh……well, traveling around Europe would be ideal! LOL! But if I’m home, then an entire day with no prior commitments! Sleep in a bit, spend some time in the studio & spend the rest of the day with my hubby! (Oh, and throw in some yummo sushi for lunch and a nice dinner out in the evening!)
- First job - babysitting
- Wildest dream – Designing for a living……in my HUGE home studio with built-in everything and tons of windows. Heehee!
- Ink – Stampin’ Up! or Palette
- Family – Hubby & doggy; also oldest of 5 & recently, I’ve become a new auntie!
- Beverage – Mocha latte….mmmmm.
AHA! Dawn is a fellow bean worshipper!
At first glance, this design appears fairly straightforward, but, Dawn added a bit of dimension and interest by trimming out and 3D mounting a few of the cherry blossoms on the branch from the Sushi set!
The Micro Dot Twinkle Stickers add the perfect amount of dazzle to the centers.
There she goes, cruisin' by on her glamorous pink Vespa! Seems like a fun way to spend one's birthday, eh?!
This classic combination of pink and brown features a kraft card base, enriched by a dark chocolate grosgrain ribbon.
Notice how the scallop edging along the pink polka dot layer is echoed by the scallops of the oval punch out!
Simple and stylish--exactly what I often need in a birthday card!
I loved seeing the owl from the Nature set stamped directly onto patterned paper and then showcased with the Open Daisy as a backdrop!
An additional element of interest is created by layering our Ric Rac Pretty Little Paper directly beneath the wide ribbon.
Once again, some fabulously simple and charming card designs! Thanks for stopping by again this week, and be sure to leave a comment (one only per article, please!) on each article featuring Dawn's wonderful cards to enter your name into the drawing! Dawn would be thrilled for you to win!
--Julie See ya' next time!