I have more fun card inspirations by Dawn to show off today, but, before I do, here's the 2nd half of her answers to our word association questionnaire:
- Biggest challenge – Not having enough hours in the day to get all the things done that I’d like to and still having time to REST.
- First stamp – I could not WAIT to get my hands on Stampin’ Up!’s ‘Paris in the Spring’, but I'm not sure if this was my first set. I just remember loving this one THE most!
- Can’t live without – God & my husband….oh, and Sunday afternoon naps! LOL!
- Favorite product – Wow. This is a hard one. I’m not sure if I have "a favorite" product. I suppose I'd have to go with paper. I’ve loved paper ever since I was a little girl! (Just ask my mom!)
- Climate – Waaaaarm
- Last purchase - Ack! I can’t remember!
- Proudest moment – Hmmm…my wedding day and the day I got word that I was going to have cards published in a magazine for the first time.
- Passion - Designing
- Food – See ‘perfect day’! Haha!! But really, I love pizza, Mexican, Italian, sushi, seafood….hmm, I guess I’m not super picky!
- The future – So many possibilities! Can’t wait to see what’s in store!
Dawn would make a most excellent dinner companion--she likes EVERYTHING I do, and, since I'm all about the food, we'd get along splendidly! *chuckle*
Dawn gave this design a little bit of chic shabby, with distressed edges on the pink layer, which was machine stitched to the base card.
I love seeing the Clear Twinkle stickers in each corner--it's a no fuss way to get the effect of rhinestone brads, but, without the prongs! Clever!
In this design, Dawn used various sized circle punches to create this fun polka dot effect with our papers, and highlighted the spiral daisy by overlaying our Clear Circle Stickers right over the top.
Some of the circles are mounted flush to the card front, and others elevated with foam mounting adhesive to create a fantastic dimensional effect.
Here's a fabulous way to "spotlight" an image--a scalloped circle FRAME, with a bit of bling on each scallop. Dawn elevated the frame with tiny bits of foam mounting adhesive all around the edge.
I love the way the branch and blossoms extend beyond the edge and she trimmed out the owl for an almost "shadow box" effect.
I'm very keen on this idea for dressing up a plain white card and making the focal image really draw center-stage attention!
My brain is whirling with all the little details that Dawn has incorporated into these cards and I'm excited to try them out myself during my next play session in the studio--how about you?
Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to leave a comment on this article--Dawn would love for you to win the drawing, and I love her choice of stamp and note cards for the lucky readers whose names will be drawn at the end of this series!
Have a wondermous day, and pop on in next week for the last of Dawn's inspiring designs!