We present all our Guest Designers with a little questionnaire, because it's always fun to know more about the people behind the artwork. I'm so excited for Krystie, regarding one bit of exciting news she shares below:
- Name - Krystie Lee Hersch
- Stamping – Whenever I have a spare moment
- Style - Clean & Simple!
- Inspiration - I’m very inspired by color combinations. I love fashion and home décor magazines, and Starbucks merchandise is always a great source of new color combos and patterns.
- Color - Light colors paired with black & white.
- Work space - Oh, I’m so messy, it’s shameful.
- Perfect day – Some time with family, some time stamping, a delicious meal that I don’t have to cook, and a nap!
- First job - Bussing tables at a mountain lodge. I was only 12!
- Wildest dream - Sea Kayaking the Napali coast of Kauai.
- Ink - Mostly SU!
- Family - My husband, Jesse, 2 year old daughter Elsa, and a new baby on the way in January.
- Beverage - A soy latte, a glass of wine, or a bloody Mary. None of which I can have right now because I’m pregnant!
AHA!!! She may STAMP clean & simple, but, she sounds much like me re: the messy studio part! (Krystie, I love ya' fer that, girl--I'm a shameful studio slob, too!) And, her idea of a perfect day? Man, I hafta agree--doesn't get any better than that!
So, now that you know a little bit more about Krystie, how about some more of her faboo designs? Oh, I know you are anxious, so I won't delay! LOL!
"Deer" Rudolph . . .
Rudolph is such a "deer"! Krystie's shading is so wonderfully soft--love the highlights she created by leaving some white space where the light source would be shining down upon him.
I also like how she added two rows of those fun Paper Frills--just plain white, but complimented by the red gingham between them. They add such a nice touch--kinda remind me of a string of beads or pearls, but so cool cuz they're totally flat; no problems in the postal machinery when you send this out at the holidays!
His l'il nose has been embellished with a Red Twinkle Sticker--perfection!
Krystie ran soft colors along the image lines once again, on this design--the effect is like automatic highlight and shading in one step! Great for creating quick depth, this design is one you could create in no time flat, to send some love out to a friend.
Created with our Sushi set, this elegant design literally knocked me off my chair!
Again, her carefully chosen palette of colors sets the tone for one of delicate beauty! The silky ribbon and the pearls in the center of each blossom all support the overall feel of the card.
Thanks for stopping by once again to view Krystie's work and don't forget to leave a comment, because Krystie wants ya' to win some A Muse goodness!
See you next time!