We've got more Rhonda cleverness to share! It's fun to see how much you are enjoying the different ideas she's created! Rhonda responded to our word association questionnaire so you could get to know a little more about her personally!
- Name - Rhonda Maynard aka: manyblessings, stamping blessings or crafty blessings
- Stamping - Is my favorite thing to do when I have the time. Been doing it for 10 years or so but seriously for about 4.
- Style - Hmm, not really sure. I love to play with many different styles but tend to fall somewhere between simple and frilly (way to narrow it down, huh?), but definitely not vintage. I usually end up using a few layers and simple embellishments like ribbon, twinkle stickers and/or glitter.
- Inspiration – Many things inspire me-- songs, sayings, colors, or a stamp image that reminds me of something I’ve seen before or a memory from childhood.
- Color – I love playing with many different color combinations and usually try to find one color to add that pops a bit. I tend to always stamp my images in black or dark brown and then color them in to match the colors I’ve chosen for the card/project.
- Work space – You don’t want to know!!! LOL! It’s messy and cluttered and I usually end up stamping on a teeny tiny cleared off section of my desk after shoving everything aside!
- Perfect day – Sleeping in, snuggles from my kids, waking up to a clean house, Iced Mocha already made, relaxing with my hubby and time to stamp with girlfriends.
- First job - A checker girl (I know, not politically correct) at Sprouse Reitz, a little five and dime store close to where I lived when I was 16.
- Wildest dream – I think I play things pretty safe in life so I don’t have too many wild dreams, but since I can remember I’ve always wanted to travel all over the world and experience different places and cultures.
- Ink – bring it on!!!
- Family – CRAZY!! :D LOL!
- Beverage – Iced Mocha for breakfast every morning. Iced tea during the day. Lately I’ve been brewing a pot of Moroccan Mint tea, fill a glass with ice, drink and refill throughout the day. When I indulge in soda, it’s a Pepsi for me please! Add some Vanilla Vodka to it for an a party drink.
I think Rhonda and I share the same "wildest dream"! Rhonda, we need to make a pact to get off the North American continent and see the world, girlfriend!
So, I hope you are ready to ogle more of Rhonda's beauties, 'cuz they are comin' at ya':
This just cracked me--"it's the little things" . . . And, when it comes to lingerie, I guess "little" is pretty much par for the course, no?! LOL! I like the way Rhonda juxtaposed and layered the mat layers underneath the Lingerie Shop focal panel--it allowed her spapce to put that trio of Twinkle Stickers.
And, instead of extending the Pearl Sheer Ribbon all the way across the front, she punched a hole just to the left of that panel, and that enabled her to wrap the ribbon and position the bow where she wanted it, but without obstructing the shop!
As I've mentioned before, Rhonda's got a cheeky sense of wit that I truly enjoy! Seeing the Love Shack stand out from the row of Tall Houses, made me smile, but, then seeing "Oh baby" above the Twinkle Hearts coming out of the chimney had me rolling!
Did you know this is the Year of the Ox? I didn't! I thought it clever the way Rhonda combined the Party Lanterns with it! This little Ox dude, illustrated by Missy Ballance, is so cute and has such a sweet disposition, don't you think?!
Yum! Is this mouth-watering, or what???!!! All the yummies we love dangling right in front of our eyes!
I loved the neopolitan look of the 3 scoop sundae, and the Swirl Cone reminds me of these *ginormous* ice creams we get at Ivar's outdoor fish bar, when we're waiting to catch the ferry home from Mukilteo!
In two words: SUPER FUN! I would never have thought to hand cut a peace sign to go with the groovy Love Bug. Yeah, I blurted out "SHUT UP!!!" when I held this one in my hands! It's a good thing nobody's around when I'm squealing over these things . . . An extra sweet touch on this card was the little snippet of Popsicle Pink tucked into the Lime Sheer Ribbon.
These all make me wanna abandon everything else, and just go play with my Valentine stamps!!! So many stamps, such great ideas, and so little time!
Be sure to leave a comment (one only, please!) here for Rhonda, to enter your name in the Guest Designer give-away, and I'll be back next week with another series of gems to share with you!
Have a splendiferous day!