Today we have more of Melissa's clean designs featuring our new Mandy's World stamps! But first, we thought you'd like to get to know her a little better, so here are her thoughts in response to our word association questionaire:
- Stamping - is a creative release---I’m not a good artist, so to be able to color in amazing images and combine my favorite goodies (glitter, ribbon, twinkles) with coloring----well, it’s a dream come true.
- Style – Simple, simple, simple! When I try to get to complicated---it gets all mucked up! J
- Inspiration – The amazing A Muse design team---honestly, I am constantly saying "Holy Cow!", when I see their work. I also love to try and pull color trends & design trends from home decorating ideas.
- Color - Favorite color is orange---though I seem to use blues and greens the most when stamping.
- Work space - Goes back and forth from a total explosion to really picked up and tidy. I used to have my very own office outside of the house for my business but have moved back home---I think I do much better thinking without the home distractions! J
- Perfect day - My favorite coffee shop with a few magazines, a pedicure and giving Keaton a bath and rocking to sleep. OR----any day I can spend walking in NY is pretty darn perfect. J
- First job – Flower shop!
- Wildest dream - To own my own stationery and card shop----with a little bit of candy too. J
- Ink - LOVING Memento---but also love Colorbox Chalks & Versacolor.
- Family - David (Husband) Keaton ( son, 6 months) and Hobart (a Wheaton Terrier).
- Beverage – Coffee, French 75’s and Margaritas! J I should drink more water-but hey, the others are way more fun!
And now, on to the cards!
This first card is a perfect example of Melissa's sweet and simple style. I love the clean layout and happy colors! Of course you know I love the new ice cream girl because she has scoops (hee,hee)! Melissa colored them to be strawberry, chocolate, and mint chocolate chip - mmmm! She also did something tricky by popping up a few scoops on foam tape to make them really stand out - which you can see a little better in the closeup below!
Who wouldn't love to receive this card when they are feeling under the weather? Cheery colors and the heart twinkle stickers give it a special touch. And I love that Melissa has a layer of blue petite gingham paper in there to help frame the design - I'm gonna have to try that soon!
The new hula girl is just so adorable and Melissa's simple design here really showcases her well. Melissa closely trimmed her and the little coconut beverage and then popped them up on foam tape! And the skinny oval bl provides the perfect patch of sand! Sooo cute!
I hope you are enjoying Melissa's designs! We have plenty more to share with you, so I'll be back next week with more goodies! And remember to leave a comment here for Melissa (one only please, per guest designer article) to enter your name into the drawing.