Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on Karen's first set of Guest Designer cards last week! Today we have more of Karen's beautiful designs featuring our new holiday stamps! But first, we thought you'd like to get to know her a little better, so here are her thoughts in response to our word association questionaire:
- Stamping – the best therapy!
- Style – Clean, simple and uncluttered – oh and usually there’s a touch of glitter somewhere!
- Inspiration – Anything and everything…..a piece of patterned paper, a picture in a magazine, a store display. The world is full of inspiration!
- Color – Anything except yellow! I don’t know why but it’s just a colour I don’t get on with!
- Work space – Beautiful and tidy at the end of the night but during the day it looks like there’s been an explosion!
- Perfect day – A trip to London on a cold, crisp frosty December day with my family. Christmas lights, hot chocolate, roasted chestnuts, carol singers, Christmas shopping and of course a sneak into a craft store or two!
- First job – Store assistant when I was 13.
- Wildest dream – Came true when we sold our house, stuck rucksacks on our backs and explored the world for two years. We had a blast and my hope is that our boys feel the urge to explore too. We met some amazing people and visited the most amazing places. The memories will stay with me forever.
- Ink – StazOn or Memento for the outline but I also love Versamagic chalk inks and Distress inks. Why am I trying to choose…..I love them all!!
- Family – Wonderful hubby Anthony and two lovely boys, Tom 14 and Ben 11
- Beverage – Gin and Tonic, ice and a slice – thank you!
We are thrilled to have Karen as a guest designer this month and are glad you are enjoying her cards. Linda and Karen met almost four years ago at a trade show in the UK. Karen was a designer for a UK distributor that we were working with at the time. Karen's work is regularly featured in UK Paper-crafting magazines so the next time you are browsing the magazine stands, be sure to have a look for more of her work!
And now - the cards!
Squirrel and Christmas TreeKaren's cards today have an "All Natural" theme to them. This is one of my favorite groups of her designs since I usually use a simple and natural style in my Christmas decorating. Her coloring on this card is fabulous! And again check out her detailed cutting skills on the squirrel - wow!
Elegant Pinecone and Evergreen Branch
Very cool effect with the brown and green together. Love her little twinkle sticker accents too.
Wreath with BerriesThis wreath is one my favorite stamps and I absolutely *LOVE* what Karen did with it on this design. Instead of coloring in the leaves completely, she left a little white showing. Adds a gorgeous touch along with the red twinkles and polka dot red ribbon!
*sigh* - that's it for this week, but we have plenty more of Karen's work to share with you, so I'll be back next week with more goodies! And remember to leave a comment here for Karen (one only please, per guest designer article) to enter your name into the drawing!