Today I have more fun Twilight Saga inspired designs for you from Guest Designer Lisa Strahl! Before I get to the cards, I bet you'd love to know what she has chosen as the Guest Designer prize - right?! Lisa's choice is:
- Queen Anne's Lace stamp
- Pack of A Muse Kitchen Green notecards
So make sure to enter by leaving a comment on any of the posts featuring Lisa's work (one comment per post please) for a chance to win!
First up today is this clever birthday card! Edward as you know is "forever 17" because that's when he became a vampire. Lisa used Copics to color him along with Spica glitter pen on his skin. A little masking over the letters allowed her to stamp only a portion of him.
Here Lisa combined a computer generated sentiment along with part of the "Greetings from Seattle" stamp to make this clever design. In the upcoming Twilight movie, Eclipse, the "bad" vampire Victoria creates an army of new vampires (called newborns) that cause trouble in Seattle.
Another reference to Eclipse, when Edward, Bella, and Jacob have to spend time in a tent together prior to the fight with Victoria's newborn army. Here Lisa stamped the trees then used the rock 'n roll technique on the moon using yellow and orange inks. Then she masked the moon and airbrushed the night sky with Copics! She added a torn white layer for snow and mounted the tent on dimensional tape. A little glitter on the trees and tent give a hint of snow. Lisa computer generated another perfect sentiment in her twilighty font! So fun!
You Stole my Heart
Lisa created this simple but stunning design as an ode to the fourth book in the Saga - Breaking Dawn. Here Bella finally has glittery skin (and you know that means she is now a vampire!) Lisa used the Tiny Heart stamped in red and then glittered it with Stickles. And the sentiment is perfect!
*sigh* - that's it for Lisa's Twilight designs - weren't they fabulous?! Here are a few more comments from Lisa in response to our word association questionaire:
- Beverage - Sour Lime Margarita, blended with extra salt on the rim.
- Biggest challenge - Being a girl. I run a little more like in man in that I can't stand drama.
- Can’t live without - Ranger Non-Stick Craft Mat, Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
- Favorite product - Deeply Etched Dark Red Wood Mounted Rubber
- Climate – Overcast...think Twilight!
- Last purchase - Newest Basic Grey 6x6 Inch Paper Pads - Capella, Max and Wiskars and the new Basics Line. A must have as the scale of the papers are been reduced. I buy just about any 6x6 pad I see.
- Proudest moment - Birth of my son. I did that.
- Food - Wish I didn't have to deal with it. Can we just start eating pills like in the Jetsons? I do love good food, just don't want to take the time to make it.
- Time of day – After 9pm I do my beset creating. Then I need to read to fall asleep, no matter how late I go to bed. Guess who is NOT a morning person?
- Other Hobbies - Reading. Reading. Reading. I can never find enough *good* books to keep me happy.
We hope you have enjoyed getting to know Lisa a little better! We have one last set of her beautiful Everything's Rosy cards next week! So stay tuned and be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win!